In this course I will teach you how to create interactive 3D worlds using the Alice programming environment. Assignments will require you to drag characters and objects from a library into the world and select options on how the objects will interact with each other.
Assignments can typically take about an hour for the first few to 4 or more hours for the later ones. Homework examples and solutions are given so you can practice before beginning the assignments. No prior programming knowledge required.
Course DocumentsSyllabus – Summer 2010
Required TextbookLearning to Program with Alice (w/ CD ROM), 3/e
Dann, Cooper & Pausch
ISBN-10: 0132122472 | ISBN-13: 9780132122474
- Unit 1 – Getting Started with Alice
- Unit 2 – Program Design and Implementation
- Unit 3 – Programming: Putting Together the Pieces
- Unit 4 – Classes, Objects, Methods and Parameters
- Unit 5 – Interaction: Events and Event Handling
- Unit 6 – Functions and If/Else
- Unit 7 – Repetition: Definite and Conditional Loops
- Unit 8 – Repetition: Recursion