This is a course for students from all disciplines interested in learning the foundational concepts and basic techniques in digital media production. Topic areas: capturing and editing digital images, capturing and editing digital audio, capturing and editing digital video and interactive multimedia. The course will consist of project based assignments, quizzes and a portfolio project to showcase student work. Web cam and microphone required.
Course DocumentsSyllabus – Spring 2017
Required TextbookDigital Media Primer – 3rd Edition | Yue-LingWong | Prentice Hall | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-405428-5
Social networking area for this class:
Software needed for this courseYou will need to download and install the following software to complete the class assignments. All software is available at no cost.
- Unit 1 – Background on Digital Media - Click to begin
- Unit 2 – Fundamentals of Digital Imaging - Click to begin
- Unit 3 – Capturing and Editing Digital Images - Click to begin
- Unit 4 – Fundamentals of Digital Audio - Click to begin
- Unit 5 – Capturing and Editing Digital Audio - Click to begin
- Unit 6 – Fundamentals of Digital Video - Click to begin
- Unit 7 – Digital Video: Post-Production - Click to begin
- Unit 8 – Portfolio and Multimedia - Click to begin