In this course I will teach you how to create interactive games using the Gamemaker programming environment. Assignments will require design rooms, add objects and assign actions to them.
Assignments can typically take about an hour for the first few to four or more hours for the later ones. Homework examples and solutions are given so you can practice before beginning the assignments. No prior programming knowledge required.
Software needed for this courseYou will need to download and install the following software to complete the class assignments. All software is available at no cost.
Course ContentLinks to other units will appear as the semester progresses.
- Unit 1 – Design and navigation
- Unit 2 – Movement and collisions
- Unit 3 – Random actions
- Unit 4 – Interactions and gravity
- Unit 5 – Paths
- Unit 6 – Timelines and alarms
- Unit 7 – Tiles and sprite animation
- Unit 8 – Scripts and Final project